By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up to date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 booklet that keeps and expands at the original's distinctive acoustical basics whereas including functional formulation and simulation tools.
Serving either as a textual content for college students in engineering departments and as a reference for training engineers, this e-book specializes in electroacoustics, studying the habit of transducers simply by electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit conception, it starts off through guiding readers throughout the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound new release, radiation, and propagation, and normal terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature purposes (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, corresponding to classrooms, workplaces, auditoriums, and residing rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given during the textual content to make the cloth simply appropriate to functional layout. it's a invaluable source for experimenters, acoustical specialists, and to those that expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 booklet Acoustics
- Provides exact acoustic basics, permitting larger realizing of advanced layout parameters, size equipment, and data
- Extensive appendices conceal frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
The content material of this e-book is multidisciplinary via nature. It makes use of mathematical instruments from the theories of likelihood and stochastic techniques, partial differential equations, and asymptotic research, mixed with the physics of wave propagation and modeling of time reversal experiments. it's addressed to a large viewers of graduate scholars and researchers attracted to the fascinating phenomena on the topic of waves propagating in random media.
FeaturesLearnSmartÃ¢â€žÂ¢ an clever studying approach that makes use of a sequence of probing inquiries to pinpoint every one studentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s wisdom gaps. LearnSmart strengthens scholar realizing and retention of your courseÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s primary ideas; successfully getting ready your scholars for sophistication so that you can assessment much less and educate extra.
Sound platforms: layout and Optimization presents an available and detailed standpoint at the habit of sound platforms within the sensible international. The 3rd version displays present traits within the audio box thereby delivering readers with the latest methodologies and methods. during this tremendously accelerated re-creation, you’ll locate clearer causes, a extra streamlined association, elevated assurance of present applied sciences and entire case stories of the author’s award-winning paintings within the box.
With Over 60 tables, such a lot with image representation, and over a thousand formulation, formulation for Dynamics, Acoustics, and Vibration will offer a useful time-saving resource of concise options for mechanical, civil, nuclear, petrochemical and aerospace engineers and architects. Marine engineers and repair engineers also will locate it helpful for diagnosing their machines that may slosh, rattle, whistle, vibrate, and crack below dynamic rather a lot.
- Shock Focussing Effect in Medical Science and Sonoluminescence
- An Introduction to Noise and Vibrations Control in Buildings
- Toward an Anthropology of Ambient Sound (Routledge Studies in Anthropology)
Extra resources for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers by Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow